IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW NEEDS SUPPORT
Participating in athletics is great way to support both your physical health and your mental well-being, regardless of age.
Sphinx AC promotes a positive, supportive and inclusive culture which has given many of our athletes friends and acquaintances that help and support them beyond athletics.
There are however times in all of our lives when either ourselves of people we know could with a little extra support to get through.
The links below provide useful information on support that is publicly available beyond the club:
Links to useful websites:
- MIND - the mental health charity - www.mind.org.uk
- England Athletics - Mental Wellbeing and Running - www.englandathletics.org/clubs–community/mental-wellbeing
- Sport England - Mental Health - www.sportengland.org/our-work/mental-health/
- Mental Health Foundation - www.mentalhealth.org.uk
- b-eat (eating disorders) - http://www.b-eat.co.uk/
- Samaritans - www.samaritans.org
- Rethink Mental Illness - http://www.rethink.org/
- Childline - www.childline.org.uk
- Child and adolescent Mental Health - https://youngminds.org.uk/
- Coventry Cyrenians – supports people who are homeless in Coventry https://coventrycyrenians.co.uk/
- Feeding Coventry – support with food poverty https://letstalk.coventry.gov.uk/feeding-coventry
- CRASAC – support for survivors of sexual abuse https://www.crasac.org.uk/
- Crisis – supports people who are experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness https://www.crisis.org.uk/get-help/coventry/
If you want to discuss a concern regarding the welfare of a club member please feel free to contact our Welfare/Safeguarding leads