Runner Information For Wednesday 12th June 2019
The Sphinx Summer 5 is this Wednesday at the Coventry War Memorial Park so here is some info to bear in mind:
– The Coventry War Memorial Park Address is:
– Park Details (including Car Parking) can be found here:
Please Note: Where possible we would suggest athletes Car Share and allow plenty of time for parking as the entrance to the main (Park and Ride) Car Park on Kennilworth Road can get congested due to the barriers put in place to prevent the Car Park being used by Caravans.
There are also two smaller Car Parks at the War Memorial Park off Coat of Arms Bridge Road.
The next closest public Car Park is Westminster Road Car Park (approx 1.5 miles from start – after 18:00 cost is £1):
– You will be able to collect your race number from 17:30 (5:30pm) outside the Tennis Pavilion. Race start time is 19:45 (7:45pm).
– After crossing the finish line it is important that athletes remain in order until their race number is scanned.
– Finishers Medals will be awarded to athletes after they cross the finish line and have been scanned.
– There will be a full list of entrants posted around the Tennis Pavilion with details of athletes names, age category and club. Please take time to check that your information is correct and inform the race admin team at the Tennis Pavilion before the race starts if there is an error.
– There is no secure bag drop so we advise you to leave all your belongings in your car. While Bags can be left around the start or registration area they are left at your own risk.
– The dead line to request a transfer of a place to another athlete is Midnight. There will be no entries or swaps allowed on the night.
– Free Cake should be available from the Sphinx AC Tent by the Tennis Pavilion after the run.
– Prize Giving/Award Ceremony should take place approx 10 mins after the last runner finishes.
– There will be a Kids 2km Fun Run starting at 7:00pm. This is registration on the night. Entry fee is £2.00.
Finally Good Luck Everyone